Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Saturday, May 21, 2011

Return to the Outer Banks (ROB) Day 2

This might be a good time to include a map of my track. Click the image to make it larger. (That goes for any picture)



I had a nice run to Oriental at 4-4.5 knots. Turned west around the breakwater at 0930 and tied up at the Town Dock. The town was closed for the most part on Monday but the weather was beautiful, everything spring green and deep blue skies. I walked about, took a few pictures and cast off about 1300. Sailed south across the Neuse River toward Adams Creek and the ICW cut. The wind died and I motored down the ditch until anchoring up Broad Creek around 1600. Set up the cockpit tent and cooked chinese noodles, black beans and a Campari (no ice!). 



Quiet morning in Oriental

Anchored on Broad Creek for the night

Under the tent




No comments:

Post a Comment