Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Up the Western Shore Day 1

I returned to Richmond yesterday after an interesting trip part way up the Chesapeake. It wasn't like I had planned but it was safe and gave me time to consider not only Annie and our adventures but my life in other ways. Paramount is that kind and generous people appear when you least expect it and that the Bay rules the day, always.

Day 1 Thursday
I arrived at Morningstar in the late morning and slowly packed Annie. After trailering over the bridge to the ramp on Gwynns Island it took a while to rig and check. Rob from the marina came by and helped launch, again in a wind on the quay. Passed through the Milford Haven Bridge and sailed over to Deltaville Maritime off Jackson Creek. I met with the museum board about consulting and volunteering and spent the evening again checking the weather, charts and gear before turning in at their dock.


Rob at Morningstar


Turning by the west end of Gwynns... Deltaville in the distance






Museum docks









Boatbuilding Shop






Transom repair required









Annie set for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment