Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chloe's Home

My daughter just arrived from college. She is in school in Virginia and I haven't seen her since Christmas break. We are having a great time and going sailing this afternoon on the bayfront...

Back to... ROB Day 5
Stayed in port all day. The dockmaster loaned me a car to go to the grocery to pick up tortillas, bananas, granola bars, and powder. I wear quick dry pants but the saltwater and the sitting wet hasn't been agreeing. Charged the cell phone after checking email (no work disasters). 





I met two sailers, Alex and Chet, aboard Orlando. She is a Alan Buchanan designed 35' raised-deck steel cutter. They had also just arrived from a very rough run up from Antigua where they had won 3 first places in their class at the Classic Yacht Regatta. They had me over for tea at 4. Alex, a professional yacht captain, was from Malta and his mate, a wooden boat restorer, from Newport. I later did a sketch of Orlando, and had an ice cream to keep on my weight gain program! Seem to be gravitating these days to my Dad's favorite Butter Pecan. 




The wind had come around a bit toward the west and will probably have time to knock down the waves a bit before I set out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment