Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Monday, May 30, 2016

Back to Hobucken

Pamlico 2016    May 11   
Day 8


Boots had offered me a shower so I came in when I woke up. It was fine... and time. We had coffee on the porch, I thanked them both for the hospitality and cast off. The wind was light but with no hurry Annie drifted with the tide. By late morning Indian Island came into view. The sun was high and hot and as we approached I decided to anchor and take a dip.












Back onboard I motored into the canal to return to Hobucken. It was a bit of a challenge to locate the cut, but it was found and as I tied up I could hear the sounds of Happy Hour. Joining in, a good time was had by all. Decided to sleep at the dock and was saved from the oppressive by battery fan. Life saver.

29 nm, 3.6 kts avearge, 6.2 max








3 comments:

  1. Love your photos! I want to do that trip sometime soon. I'm working on an "ammo" box with 12v 33 Ah batt for UNA. Without a breeze, fans are necessary. The season is turning quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Eddie. You're right about fans... I can't sleep in the damp heat, high metab. My go to for sure.

    ReplyDelete