Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sailors Exchange

When Annie needs a replacement, a bit of bling or just a random screw we go to Sailors Exchange first. Located on West King Street this treasure trove is where the local and drifting boaties come to root around.






Oh I see the one I need!



Bilge 'colanders'



Sunbrella... cheap



I don't use one of these... but I hear some do 



Fence reinforcement



Just go ahead and dig



Sometimes you just can't think of a use



I wonder where they have been



Some pieces are in better condition than others


Fun for the whole family



What more can be said?



Oh yea



Wayfinding aid



I venture to say that you may never find another chest of cigarette lighters



Festive



Do you have any 1/8"?



Hosiery

No comments:

Post a Comment