Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, June 5, 2020

What's that Sound?

Day 7

I weighed anchor and set off early on the short motor to Potters Marine ahead of Steve. Not long after I hauled out he joined me. We readied our rigs, reminisced and said goodbye. I headed north making my way west toward I95N. Near Rocky Mount, NC the trailer started vibrating. I pulled over near an exit and on inpection found that the drivers side tire had thrown a steel belt. Being Sunday and with the corona virus having closed many businesses, it seems Annie and I were in a tight spot. Slowly limping down the ramp and onto a local highway I found a tire store open. No tire to fit. I continued further to a Mr. Tire. They were busy but had a tire and got the job done. Good folks. Although it was an extra 2 1/2 hours I was thankful. The rest of the trip home was easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment