Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Saturday, May 21, 2011

Becky Thatcher

Yesterday my sailing friend, Terry, and I grabbed an afternoon sail on my Drascombe Scaffie Becky Thatcher. She is a 14' 9" double-ender with a single standing lug sail. The wind in Salt Run (here in St. Augustine) was around 15 out of the west and we had a great time under single-reef. We went on shore at Bird Island and scouted out possible camping spots in view of the Castillo de San Marcos. Becky is a very nimble, easy boat that I have camped in many times. But I really need to sell her... if you or a friend are interested, let me know.

On Lake Harris, central Florida, 2006
Photo: Ron Hodinett, West Coast Trailer Sailors

And... there is a nice story about my Outer Banks trip at....  
towndock.net/shippingnews/annie




No comments:

Post a Comment