Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Tuesday, October 13, 2020

A Good Vantage Point

 Friday, September 25

Up before dawn after a fitful sleep. Big meal the night before I guess. Spent the morning cleaning Annie and catching up on the log. Weighed anchor at 0845 and headed south. Windlessn motoring at half throttle, rain starting in earnest around 1030. With a SE wind predicted for Saturday I wanted to get down as far as possible to cross back over the southern Chesapeake, leaving early with Deltaville as my destination. 

The sky cleared but saw only three boats the entire day until the entrance to Hungars Creek where I anchored at 1700 in between oyster claims. A very tight creek with scores of visible and submerged pilings. Pretty good protection as the wind picked up from the south in the late evening.

28.1 n miles


Light airs pick up in the afternoon



Hungars


No comments:

Post a Comment