Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Sunday, May 25, 2014

Vicariously Onboard

My good friend Steve is anchored tonight in East Bluff Bay on the western shore of the Pamlico Sound of North Carolina. That location is about 20 miles NNW of Ocracoke on the Outer Banks. I checked Windfinder SuperForecast and the wind tomorrow morning will be SW at 10-12 knots with waves 1-2 feet from the ESE. My bet's that he 'beams up' an Ocracoke location tomorrow!

Traditional small craft single-handed expedition sailing. Oh yea.


Steve on Spartina, Neuse River, NC, 2011
.





No comments:

Post a Comment