Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WaterScribe

I found Becky Thatcher, my Drascombe Scaffie, in a dairy barn full of hay 10 years ago in Ocala, Florida. Since then I have been an avid trailer sailor. This type of boating has taken me all over Florida... down both the east and west coasts, over to the panhandle, and through inland lakes and rivers. Many of my favorite sails were with the West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron. The group meets at prescheduled locations throughout the year. From the blue waters of Cayo Costa to the islands off Cedar Key to spring-fed inland lakes... sailors gather a share good times.

 Ron Hoddinott, WCTSS founder, plans, oversees and documents the activities of the members and friends. Ron is a great guy and a very knowledgeable sailor. Known by Watertriber's as WaterScribe he is no stranger to a challenge. I am glad he is my friend.


3 comments:

  1. Very glad I happened upon your blog, Curt. I'm developing my boat "short list" and a Coaster is certainly on it. Looking forward to visiting your blog in the future.

    Regards,

    John
    Winston Salem, NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note John. Check out East West Custom Boats. Ted Perry is a fine boatbuilder in Maine... Annie attests to that. Oh by the way I grew up in Hickory. Maybe we could meet up your way some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me a shout if you're comin' this way, Curt.

    ReplyDelete