Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shop Time

I got over to the shop early this morning to get in a few hours of cool temperature. I had towed Annie over a couple days ago and prepped the bit of brightwork that needed attention as brightwork does. She has teak rails and tiller that were recycled from church pews in Maine where she was built. I, like most, like the look of bright trim. But, like most again, feel that a little goes a long way in respect to maintenance. In the shady shop, fans blowing and surrounded by tools and quiet, I am dipping and flowing. A very enjoyable morning.


Cetol has worked well for me and the Natural Teak seems to have the least colorant



First coat on, second tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment