Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wondering

As winter is reaching toward its end this year I am again contemplating my moves. We are planning a month long visit to England and Portugal to spend time with our daughter who is in grad school in London. All good... but now there is the new virus travel concern. I turned 70 this year and El is not far behind. We are both in good shape but we are trying to be prudent. Will see what the next couple of weeks bring.

Annie has been resting over the winter and is due to return to the water. If plans change that would make earlier sailing probable. The prior plan to return to the NC sounds is still a go for mid-May.

Recently made new parrel beads and their rigs for the main. They were needed but I, having waited too long to access a lathe, opted to fashion six sets of them by hand. With a chop saw, drill press and a stationary belt sander, I found that with a bit of patience the work was pretty simple. Now it is done and I'm wondering why I waited so long.







2 comments:

  1. While you're in England if you find time to stray down to the coast there's an open invitation to visit Bursledon - might even be able to arrange to go sailing - drop me and email and I'll send you our phone and details Max bursledonblog@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Beads Curt - they look wonderful - great carftsmanship. With regard to the virus - here in the UK it is getting serious as your daughter will be updating you. We have just cancelled today our 6 week holiday touring south west USA. Keep a very close eye on our news via the BBC and your daughter - we suspect that things will change very rapidly here for the worse in the next month or so

    ReplyDelete