Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Monday, November 4, 2019

Sunrise

October 10, 2019

Cast off 0500 with lights set. Motored flashing buoys out the South River. It was our last day and I wanted to see it dawn. It turned out to be a good idea.
















Returned to Backyard Boat at Shady Side at 1100. The sun was out and I leisurely pulled out, washed off and readied for the trip back south. It was a short but memorable trip. I got to sail with Steve and Spartina, and explore the Chester River. Annie never lets me down. Thanks Annie for another great run.

14.9 miles   181.6 trip miles

1 comment: