Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, July 11, 2014

An Alternative

I'm not much of a hot weather sailor. In fact with afternoons in the 90s I've been thinking about the mountains and the shade of the high trees there. So backpacking is back in the picture after a 40 year hiatus. Have joined the Central Virginia Trailblazer group and am looking forward to an Shenandoah trip in about a week.

Essentially it is what we do in small craft. A strong back (hopefully) substituted for a bit more gear in a strong boat. So as the sun beats down outside I am pre-packing in the basement and hoping all will go well. More later...

Using gear out of Annie's boxes

With Ty, 1975

No comments:

Post a Comment