Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Sunday, November 10, 2013

Looking (Way) Back

I have been organizing my photo files and came upon images of my first boat. She was my home in the late 70's and these pics bring back lots of memories. Her name was Quelle, an English Alan Buchanan-designed Spartan, carvel planked of African mahogany on steamed black oak frames. 23' on deck, 6' 6" beam and 4' of draft. I hope she still sails as sweet and whomever sails her loves her half as much as I did.

Day of departure, Kitty Hawk, NC

On the railway

Down below

Fresh

Overtaking a pinky schooner, offshore St. Augustine, FL

Wing and wing


No comments:

Post a Comment