Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, November 8, 2013

Edge of My Seat?

I'm off to the early movie. All is Lost just opened in Richmond. Single-handed and lost at sea. Last night my daughter and I saw Captain Phillips. Hijacked at sea. How much suspense can a guy take in 24 hrs? We'll see...








2 comments:

  1. I'm always reluctant to watch sea going movies after that scene in the Perfect Storm, the boat is being lashed by waves, wind and rain, one of the crew rushes on deck holding a piece of paper (which in those conditions would have been turned to mush in seconds) and screams "the weather fax is in" -

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. The sea can be very tricky, especially when one is pushing against it too hard. I guess too that faxes are obsolete now.

    ReplyDelete