Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Back Home

Just back from a week's trip across the Bay to Tilghman Island, Oxford, Wye Island and St. Michaels on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. For the most part it was light airs and unseasonably warm temperatures. In fact it was hot and still most of the time. But I had a nice time, saw old friends and made several new ones along the way.

Stay tuned for later...

Tilghman Island


Running wing and wing


Up the Wye River


Melanesian outrigger


Camping 


Crossing the Bay


Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival

1 comment:

  1. I got up early to go out on the coracle and you'd already left. Hope you didn't have to motor too much, but the wind had to be iffy. Sent you the photo of me and Tasmyn. Talk at you later. Say hi to Eleanor.

    ReplyDelete