Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, November 18, 2011

TSCA

A couple of nights ago I spoke to a meeting of the Traditional Small Craft Association chapter at the St. Augustine Lighthouse Museum. TSCA is a national group of enthusiast that share information, boatbuilding efforts and have meets in the form of festivals and 'mess abouts'. My talk centered on my experiences cruising in small boats with the help of a video projector and lots of 'slides'.

The St. Augustine chapter is part of LAMP Boatworks associated with the Lighthouse Archaeology and Maritime Program. The group has completed several small craft and others are in progress including a ship's boat for the Galveztown, a Revolutionary War ship being built in Spain.



LAMP Boatworks

No comments:

Post a Comment