Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, April 12, 2019

Upcoming

Spring is here with trees leafing, flowers popping out, pollen coating everything and warm gusty breezes blowing. A North Carolina Outer Banks trip in early May is being planned and nephew Noah is hankering for a overnight... his first. This Wednesday is looking good work and weather wise. I am thinking that trailering Annie down to the Mobjack and exploring the rivers again would be just the ticket.
Gave Noah a second hand copy of the Complete Sailor last week. Hope he is digging in and finding it as exciting to get the first tastes of sailing as I did when I was his age.






1 comment: