Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Sunday, July 10, 2016

New Home

This morning I received a note from my good friend Vera England...

John and I think of you often anyway, and are looking forward to having you crew from Solomons to St. Michael's and back. But now we think of you every day when we look at John's new painting, a retirement gift from a grateful client who had already purchased your "self portrait" for his own collection.  

May need to do some rearranging,  but it has center stage right here.

We're loving it.
best to Eleanor. 
Vera

John (restorer and captain of the F.D. Crockett) installing


F. D. Crockett (from Walker), acrylic on canvas, 24" x 36"  ©Curtis Bowman 2013

It is where it was always meant to be.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment