Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, January 8, 2016

Early January

After a long absence here's to catchin' up...

The Urbanna art show this past fall went well. I exhibited 34 pieces and got a good reception, sold several, and felt like the past year-and-a half's work was worth the effort. I learned a lot and will continue. Thank you to all of my friends and family for your encouragement.


A new extension on the studio is complete. A covered pavilion doubles the work space and gives me ample room to work on maintenance projects for Annie as well as sculpture.


I finished winterizing Annie last week. All the spars are being revarnished in the studio and the gear is being organized in the basement. I want to modify our alley fence to be able to drive Annie into the back yard. Will be in Costa Rica this winter and would be nice to have her here for her spring commission when I get back.


Just back from Urbanna working on the F. D. Crockett buyboat exhibit at the Deltaville Maritime Museum. John and Vera England have spent untold hours telling the boat's story and my job will be to help designing graphic panels and getting them produced. After 35 years in museum design, it is nice to work on this very worthwhile maritime project.






No comments:

Post a Comment