Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Monday, August 17, 2015

Chance Meeting

While eating dinner on Gwynns Island with friends Steve and Barry, another friend came up unexpectedly. I had met him, Roland, a couple of years ago at St. Michaels, Maryland. He was eating at the table next to us with his wife. He said he had a picture he wanted to send me. It came the other day and I like it a lot...


2 comments:

  1. I presume you are sculling your little boat - my favourite way of propelling my tender to my yachts mooring. It's great skill to have (especially if you loose an oar) but rare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sculling in this photo and enjoy it is flat water. I am not a big fellow and Annie is around 1200 lbs loaded... so a knot is about my best.

    ReplyDelete