Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, June 19, 2015

My Friend


I recently heard that Ted Perry, Annie's builder is retiring after 37 years of boatbuilding. He obtained license to build Drascombes in wood in the early '80s and, to my knowledge, the only one remaining. I commissioned Annie in 2006 and worked with Ted on the design through much correspondence and several working visits to his shop in Elliot, Maine. Haven't met a nicer guy. Good luck Ted and wishing you a long, happy life.

Here is Ted's photos of the build. I guess Annie will be the only wooden Drascombe Longboat Cruiser built in the US. Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment