Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Night Fishing

Although I studied ichthyology in graduate school, researched white sharks in South Africa and cook a tasty Huachinango a la Veracruzana... I am not a fisherman. In fact you could probably count the fish I've caught on your fingers and toes. That includes trash on the line.

I do see a bit of poetry in it. Especially the lone fisherman. I am trying to capture that in my painting.


Moonlight on East River, Mathews County
© Curt Bowman 2013

3 comments:

  1. That sparkling sea is simply stunning

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Curt. Really nicely done. Love the way you captured the light, even in the shadows. And leaving detail out of the highlights makes them appear more real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete