Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thinking of Florida

I just got my studio set up again after our move. When I awoke this morning and noticed a couple of recent, small paintings by the easel that sent me back to Gulf Coast of Florida. Especially the many years of sailing in Becky Thatcher and later, Annie. It is a long way from the Chesapeake but I have friends around here that make it down with their boats every year or so. Why not?


Matlacha (Matt-luh-shay) northeast of Sanibel  
© Curt Bowman 2013

from Ron Hoddinott's view of a gathering in Cayo Costa
© Curt Bowman 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment