Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Track

In May I plan to explore the central Chesapeake Bay. Possibly the first or latter due to college graduation occurring on the 13th in Richmond. My preliminary track touches several places that interest me. Starting at Gwynn Island the course could start north in a clockwise circuit or east, counterclockwise. Will probably watch the weather and decide later.

I worked at Smith Island in the early '90s and look forward to returning. From the isolated culture, to feral cats, to the marsh "graveyard" for spent cars... it is a step back in time. My friend Steve of Log of Spartina may be in the area completing his circumnavigation of the Delmarva Peninsula. It would be great to be around when he and his friend Bruce finish.

Will start tomorrow researching safe harbors along the track...




No comments:

Post a Comment