Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Monday, July 25, 2011

On the Road Again

I have foresaken St. Augustine for a while and headed north. But only from a directional standpoint. Have joined Ellie in Richmond, Virginia for an art escape. It is hot. Very hot. 108 F. apparent temp. Sticking to the chilly, free art museum ... and the pubs.


Before I left last week I put Annie and Becky Thatcher to bed and took a last morning walk on the beach, the last for a few weeks. A storm rushed in that afternoon from the west. I ran to catch it by the Bridge of Lions and barely outran it back home.


Wrapped Up



St. Augustine Beach 7 am


Cars stopped... shrimper underway


The waterbirds know when to leave


Looking forward to a day in Norfolk, Virginia (the world's largest naval base) in a few days. There is a new Waterman exhibit at the Mariners Museum and a possible sail with my friend Steve aboard Spartina. Sounds fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment