Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back for Dinner Continued

I returned to the ramp dock, set up running lights and meandered south up Salt Run. Found a quiet place and anchored for the night. I got a good nights sleep... the rocking and trickling of water under the hull affected me like a couple of sleeping pills. The sunlight broke the horizon about 6 am almost an hour before the sun itself. We live a couple of miles from the beach but with trees and houses between us, this display is never as dramatic. I guess that's why folks spend the big bucks 'over there'.



















I returned to the dock and later was joined by the girls for a onboard picnic before taking our daughter to the airport to return to school. A good family and a boat... number one and number two on my list!






No comments:

Post a Comment