Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10 Good Years

I sold my Scaffie Becky Thatcher just before I left for New York in September. Had gotten a call from a fellow in Alabama and soon after he was at the shop and the deal was done. I think it was love at first sight. He told me that he had been looking for a boat like her for a long time. His story started with his English grandfather who had taken him sailing as a kid in a small open craft and said that he would help him build one of his own. The grandfather died before he could fulfill his promise. Becky will be a nice substitute.


No comments:

Post a Comment