Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Autumn in the Catskills

I am back home after 3 weeks of working in New York with my brother. We got after several construction jobs he had going on and I cooked a bit at my sister-in-law's restaurant. Hurricane Irene had washed out large areas of lowland and the creeks running toward the Hudson were rushing hard even when I arrived at the end of September. The leaves changed as the days passed. They were quite beautiful as I left. We just don't get that pleasure much in Florida.

Tonight my daughter comes home from school. I have a good life. Back to Cayo Costa planning tomorrow.

Early morning at the cafe



Starting a batch of curried chicken salad


My brother's 10 acre lawn


No palm trees in sight


The Performing Arts Center at Bard College.... looks like a tsunami!

No comments:

Post a Comment