Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Sunday, May 26, 2019

Backroads

May 20 Thursday

We pulled out around 0800 just as Steve Earley was pulling up to launch Spartina. We all chatted and he rigged as we made ready for the road. With a goodbye to Conway, Noah drove us back to Richmond. I opted for the backroads and to head home so I could have my workshop to make a number of repairs. It was a good week with near perfect weather. Looking forward to another adventure with Noah. I think he might be up for it.

Loaded for the Tow Home
(photo by Steve Earley)
Trip total 248 SMiles, 216 NM

No comments:

Post a Comment