Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Sunday, June 26, 2016

Proud New Owner!

My Florida friend Lew sent this note...

You may recall an email from me letting you know that I bought your Scaffie from Walter Ross. Below is a photo from today near a little island in Perdido Bay, just west of Pensacola. 

Walter painted Becky Thatcher gray, not the color I would have picked, but it is growing on me. I renamed her Marcach (Irish for Rider, my grandson's name). She still sails great, easy and fast. I have no trouble tacking, and she makes windward progress well enough for my needs. 

I am delighted with her, and I thought you'd enjoy knowing that she's still kicking.


No comments:

Post a Comment