Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Last One

We drove to Annapolis, Maryland yesterday for a family funeral at the Naval Academy. A bittersweet reunion with cousins. Now, all our parents, aunts and uncles have passed on. They were special and are missed.

Although only a couple of hours north, it was markedly colder. The Annapolis harbor was frozen and except for gulls and ducks, there was little activity on the water.






















2 comments:

  1. Commiserations on your loss. I think one moves into new territory when all the members of an older generation pass away - I am one aged Aunt away from that - It's almost I guess as though the torch gets handed on.

    Nice photographs. Beautiful yawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want more adventure in your life, just go for Dubai Desert Safari Tour

    ReplyDelete