Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, February 22, 2013

Shopping Day

I ventured out of the studio this morning with a bit of paint still wet on the palette. It rained and sleeted last night but had started to clear. With Annie in mind I headed out to West Marine.

I had a small pocket full of money that had come from a melt-down silver coin sale. (Silver prices are up by the way). When we left St. Augustine I returned an 11-pound claw anchor that I had borrowed from my sailing friend Terry. It had been stowed in the bilge for weight and as a backup to the deck-mounted Danforth. With spring sailing in the Chesapeake coming up soon... it was time to dole out.

I also grabbed new flares and a waterproof chart to study and use. It will be time to get wet again soon.


Making enlarged copies of river entrances



A claw will really dig in and hold

No comments:

Post a Comment