Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Monday, June 20, 2011

The Shop

As my bio mentioned I design and produce exhibitions for museums and park visitor centers. Terry, my fabricator and sailing friend, and I share a shop across town. He is currently finishing up a large historical exhibit I developed for the US District Courthouse in Ft. Myers, Florida. When we are between jobs we work on boats. Terry finds small fiberglass cabin boats and restores them. I built the interior to a Penobscot 14 that we picked up as a hull still in the forms in Miami. Its a fun place to hang out and attracts visitors frequently.

Terry resurfacing Gulf Coast 18

Compac 16 deck


Refurbishing Optis for SPARS ( kids sailing school)


Penobscot 14


Transom view


Picking up Penobscot 14 in Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment