Annie has been in the backyard for several months in Richmond. That's an hour's drive to our sailing waters. I have been quite busy with other projects but have found time and very much enjoyed working on her. Since we left Florida four years ago her maintenance has been on the fly, mostly quick repairs wherever we wherever- be it Urbanna, Mathews, Gwynns Island our on a sail in the Chesapeake or the Outer Banks. And she's turning ten this year... I want her looking young and fresh.
Here are some of the work done:
- prepped and repainted decks
- revarnished exterior brightwork
- built and finished new sculling oar
- cleaned and re-oiled interior
- replaced roller reefing line
- repainted boarding ladder
- replaced trailer tire
- built a new whisker pole to stiffen mainsail foot
- relaced mizzen sail
- replaced jiffy reefing lines on main
Soon the fence will be taken off again and it will be back to the Bay...