Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Thursday, May 22, 2014

Get Dry

I have a high metabolism. And that means, for me at least, attracting bugs and getting hot when I sleep. Sleeping in the buff helps but when its hot and damp on the boat and my legs stick together, sleep is hard won. Then there is the saltwater itch. Just sayin'.

On the last trip I had a small unit of Gold Bond Body Powder. It was very helpful after my nightly "bird bath". It does give you a surge in the folds due to the aromatics.






My favorite is Anti-Monkey Butt. I purchased some a couple years ago in Beaufort, North Carolina. It is talcum and powdered calamine lotion. Most highly recommended. And not just for the name...





So, here's to getting wet on the topside and staying dry down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment