Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Friday, December 20, 2013

First Out, Last In

Really fine seafood is harvested on the Chesapeake's western shore of Virginia. This year I was lucky to get some of the best oysters I can remember. And there were a few fine crabcakes as well.

Watermen that work the Bay off The Hole in the Wall, along the Pianktank and length of the Rappahannock are close to this often trying environment... up and out even in the coldest months. Here's a Happy Holiday to them and their families. Thank you for the treats.



First Out, Last In
Watercolor on Arches paper
© Curt Bowman 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment