Since 1978 I have been fortunate to sail wooden boats. In 2006 I set out to find a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser for single-handed expedition sailing. This is the continuing story of how it came to be, our adventures, notes on the maritime world and other things I don't want to forget...


Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sandy

With Hurricane Sandy churning offshore and being called "Frankenstorm", I have been on alert about Annie. Mathews County Virginia is quite low with the area that she is stored being only a few feet above mean high tide. We are in western North Carolina with my father this weekend and watching the predictions closely. The latest reports say that landfall will be in the New Jersey/ Philadelphia area with a 900 mile wind field. Hurricane Irene left the Mathews area slightly flooded with a similar storm surge as to that predicted for Sandy. If thatholds true we should be OK. Will see what the news is tomorrow morning...


Annie's space




No comments:

Post a Comment